We had a soup potluck at my mom’s house for Sunday dinner last night. And everything was SO yummy.
- Venison Chili
- Brunswick Stew
- Vegetable-Beef Soup
- Chicken Corn Chowder
Mine was the Chicken Corn Chowder – scrumptious and weight watcher friendly! I originally found the recipe on Pinterest here. But of course, I had to make some changes to it. I forgot to take a picture, though, sorry 😦
Chicken Corn Chowder
- 14oz can Corn Kernels
- 14oz can Cream Corn
- 2 cups Skim Milk
- 1 cup Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 Jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup Onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Light Butter
- 2 cups Cooked, Chopped Chicken (I use my Perfect Baked Chicken)
- 1/4 tsp dried Thyme
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 Tbsp Flour
- Melt butter in a large pot.
- Add onion and jalapeño and cook until tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Stir in all remaining ingredients. Stir frequently until it comes to a boil.
- Allow it to simmer for at least 5 minutes, until it becomes thick.